WLC 14th ANNUAL ART FESTIVAL
Artistic entries provide a visual bridge to God’s truths; bring a strong witness to the Lord; and lend beauty to the worship space with a vibrant celebration of the Gospel and also provide an opportunity to showcase Christian artists.
Join us to view and meditate on the art beginning March 20 and ending on April 13.
Woodbury Lutheran Church, a church of 4,000 members, is located at 7380 Afton Road, Woodbury, MN. The church is approximately one-half mile east of I-494 just off Valley Creek Road. 651-739-5144 www.woodburylutheran.org.
- Entries received on Friday, March 14, 3-5 pm
- Entries received on Saturday, March 16, 9 am-noon
- Artists may submit a maximum of three pieces of original art at a nonrefundable fee of $10 per piece.
- If you are sending your art through the mail, please include return postage.
- Art must have a Christian theme.
- Art may be of any artistic media.
- The identification label must be attached securely to the back of the piece.
- Art must be equipped to either be displayed on a table or hung on the wall, matted and framed.
- Please provide a thoughtful explanation to your work as it helps the viewer interpret your work. You may provide a brief description of your work on the form or on a 3x5 index card.
- Additional entry forms are available online at the Woodbury Lutheran Church website: www.woodburylutheran.org. Woodbury Lutheran will be responsible for damage due to hanging, display or theft.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
1. Clarity of the Christian Theme
SELECTION OF WORKS AND AWARDS
- On March 16, qualified jurors will select pieces from the entries to be displayed during the Festival.
- Those artists whose work is NOT accepted will be notified the week of March 17 and may pick up their work that week.
- The winning artists will be notified March 17-19.
- All selected pieces must remain throughout the entire show.
Festival Best of Show: $150
Second Prize: $125
Third Prize: $100
People’s Choice: $100
- Festival awards will be presented to the winning artists on April 13 in our 11 am Sanctuary service. All artists are invited to attend the service and stay after briefly to visit with worshipers.
- Works exhibited in the Festival must be picked up April 14-16 in the church office.
Paul Daniels has been the Archivist and Curator at Luther Seminary since 1983. He is a member of a number of Fine Arts boards and has juried
Judy Dodds is a Minnesota artist/calligrapher. Judy began her full-time Penscriptions Calligraphy studio in 1984 and continues to study extensively, attending national conventions, teaching and serving actively in her local guild. In 1990, PLU honored Judy with a Distinguished Alumni Award. Judy’s work has been published by Northwestern Products in St. Paul as well as other companies in Minnesota. Her work is owned by people and businesses across the United States.
Nicholas Legeros has a Masters of Fine Arts degree from the University of Minnesota. For over twenty years he was an Artist-in-residence and instructor at the Minnetonka Center for the Arts. He also taught for Metropolitan State University, Breck Schools and the Edina Art Center. Eleven years ago Mr. Legeros left teaching to pursue a full-time career as a sculptor. His recent large commissions include a statue of Goldy Gopher for Coffman Union, Sid Hartman for the Target Center and a 17’ high statue of St. Joseph for St. Joseph’s Hospital. Mr. Legeros served on the board of the Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association (NEMAA) for seven years (three as President) and five years on the board of the Northeast Community Development Corporation.