Befriend: Book Discussion I (VC)
Wednesday, July 18th, 2018, 7:00pm
This summer, join us for an all-campus book read. We will be digging into the book, Befriend, by Scott Sauls.
In a frightening, violent world, it's difficult to love those who are different from us---and we often withdraw from others to protect ourselves. Inviting us to see and savor how big the love of God is, Sauls explores Jesus' model of a radically different type of friendship that embraces those we consider "outsiders."
To help us dive deep into this book, there will be two book discussion sessions during the summer.
- Session 1 on July 18 will cover chapters 1-13.
- Session 2 on August 29 will cover chapters 14-21.
You can buy your copy from Amazon or books are available in the Valley Creek Campus office for $13.
Book Discussion Sessions:
- Day Session: 1-2:30 pm, July 18, Fireside Room
- Evening Session: 7-8:30 pm, July 18, Genesis Room
- Day Session: 1-2:30 pm, August 29, Fireside Room
- Evening Session: 7-8:30 pm, August 29, Genesis Room
Please contact Pastor Jon with any questions or to pre-order the book at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-739-5144.
Looking for this class at another campus?
Befriend: Book Discussion I (OH)
Befriend: Book Discussion II (OH)