Every Thursday, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Woodbury Lutheran's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. If you are going through a difficult time in life and looking for someone to talk to, you might benefit from a Stephen Minister.
A Stephen Minister is...
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for care-giving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there is a need
Stephen Ministers Care For People Facing Tough Times
Care receivers can expect to receive care, support and the love of Jesus through weekly contacts from their caregiver. The relationship lasts as long as care is needed. An ongoing relationship develops between a Stephen Minister (a trained and approved caregiver) and the care receiver, helping the care receiver through challenging times such as...
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- And many more
Stephen Ministry is a Confidential Ministry
The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remains confidential.
To request a Stephen Minister please contact: Pastor Tim Marshall 651-739-5144; or Shirley Mertens 651-276-7224.
Stephen Ministries is a not-for-profit Christian educational organization based in St Louis, Missouri. Stephen Ministries provides training and resources to thousands of congregations and organizations worldwide. Learn more at stephenministries.org.